|Seared Sesame Sea Scallop Salad |
You can substitute shrimp for scallops in the salad. Top it with gomashio (a salt/sesame seed mixture available at natural food stores) for extra seasoning and flavor.
16 marinated jumbo sea scallops (see below)
2 fresh plums, pitted and cut into wedges
12 ounces field green lettuce mix
8 ounces Sesame Vinaigrette (see below)
1 ounce gomashio
3/4 ounce soy sauce
1 5/8 ounce sesame oil
1 1/4 ounce sesame seeds
3/8 cup sesame oil
3 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 1/4 teaspoon garlic
dash cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients and add sea scallops. Marinate scallops 2-4 hours before use.
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over high heat. Place scallops in the pan carefully, as they will spatter. Cook scallops for 2 minutes, or until they are deeply browned. Turn scallops and add fresh plums. Cook for 2 minutes.
2. Arrange lettuce on plate. Remove scallops and plums from heat and attractively arrange on 4 plates with lettuce.
3. Top salad with 2 ounces Sesame Vinaigrette. Sprinkle each plate with 1/4 ounce gomashio.
1. Put mustard and spices into blender, mix well, drizzle oils into the mix and blend.
Kevin McGuire, Executive Chef, Enchantment Resort
Calories 387,Fat 28,Perfat 66,Cholesterol 37,Carbo 12,Protein 21,Fiber 2,Sodium N/A