|Pan-fried Tofu with Mango-Ginger Salsa |
Serves 8 / This is a great dish for introducing tofu to those meat lovers.
1 ripe large mango, peeled, pitted and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
1 small red onion, about 1 cup, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 packages pre-baked tofu, flavor choice optional
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, minced
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix together the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Cut tofu into 8 thin, rectangular pieces.
3. Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil in a nonstick cooking pan over medium-high heat and swirl to coat pan. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Line bottom of pan with tofu pieces. Pan-fry until golden brown. Add remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil, turn, and pan-fry other side, about 3 minutes each side.
5. Place pre-baked tofu on a serving plate. Top with Mango-Ginger Salsa and garnish with minced green onion.
Calories 202,Fat 12,Perfat 54,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 10,Protein 14