Fri, 2002-03-01 11:00
Having healthy alternatives ready at hand is the best defense against cravings and the greatest guarantee that you will beat your addiction. The trick is replacing bad habits with good ones.
- Run, bike or stretch for energy and relaxation.
- Keep a journal of your goals, plans and progress.
- Clean out your living space. Eliminate clutter in your life.
- Hull and eat sunflower seeds to keep hands and mouth busy.
- Get creative. Paint, write or dance to boost your self-esteem.
- Take a hot bath and listen to relaxing music.
- Breathe deeply. It's healing and distracting.
- Walk away from locations that remind you of your addiction.
- Drink water. It washes away toxins and minimizes cravings.
- Spend time with people who love and support you.