Making your own lip balm is easier than you’d think and a great project to do with kids. Try this easy recipe from Natural Vitality Living.
Makes approximately 7-8 tubes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tbs 100 percent beeswax
- 1 Tbs organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tbs 100 percent raw shea butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essential oil
- 8 empty lip balm tubes or small plastic tubs
- Small saucepan
- Small funnel
- Line up 8 empty lip balm tubes or your tubs next to the stove. Make sure the lip balm tubes are twisted all the way to the bottom.
- Combine all ingredients together except the vanilla essential oil and place in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat for 4–5 minutes.
- Using funnel, carefully pour liquid into the tubes or tubs until it reaches the top of the lip balm tube. This needs to be done quickly before the wax hardens.
- Let cool for 15 minutes to allow the liquid to harden.
- If you like your lip balm firmer, add more beeswax; and if you like it softer, add less beeswax. You can always add a different essential oil to change the flavor.