What is in this article?:
- 9 natural personal care predictions for 2017
- The gut-skin connection
- Natural beauty is the new craft beer
- Diversifying the natural beauty retail landscape
- It better work better
- Waste-not beauty
- Nontoxic antibacterials go "viral"
- Industry self-regulation is the only way
- Essential oils keep going…and going….
- Better together: pairing topical and ingestible products
Many of the trends shaping the future of natural and organic personal care are manifestations of today’s larger top-of-mind issues—health, environmental sustainability, trust and integrity.
Essential oils keep going…and going….
With strong ties to health, beauty and the DIY artisan beauty movement, essential oils and aromatherapy will continue to grow. This year, brands become more experimental with blends and deliveries. And essential oils aren’t just booming in direct-to-consumer—more retailers are finding success with essential oils and aromatherapy products thanks to the consumer trend toward plant-based foods and heightened interest in artisan beauty products.
The demand for natural or holistic alternatives across all facets of life makes essential oils’ versatility in food and beverage, supplements, household products, and personal care another major contributor to growth.
[See related: How to choose and use natural fragrances]