What is in this article?:
- 9 natural personal care predictions for 2017
- The gut-skin connection
- Natural beauty is the new craft beer
- Diversifying the natural beauty retail landscape
- It better work better
- Waste-not beauty
- Nontoxic antibacterials go "viral"
- Industry self-regulation is the only way
- Essential oils keep going…and going….
- Better together: pairing topical and ingestible products
Many of the trends shaping the future of natural and organic personal care are manifestations of today’s larger top-of-mind issues—health, environmental sustainability, trust and integrity.
Diversifying the natural beauty retail landscape
Expect to find natural beauty products outside of
natural retail stores in 2017. Conventional retail will continue to stock more natural options, while also dabbling in local or regional offerings and building some holistic beauty education into the mix. Meanwhile, more high-end/luxury retailers will bring certified organic, biodynamic and fair trade offerings into their aisles, as opposed to just products simply touting a few plant-based ingredients. Finally, we expect to drugstores, universities, airports and other convenience-oriented retail outlets brining more natural options into the mix.