What is in this article?:
- 9 natural personal care predictions for 2017
- The gut-skin connection
- Natural beauty is the new craft beer
- Diversifying the natural beauty retail landscape
- It better work better
- Waste-not beauty
- Nontoxic antibacterials go "viral"
- Industry self-regulation is the only way
- Essential oils keep going…and going….
- Better together: pairing topical and ingestible products
Many of the trends shaping the future of natural and organic personal care are manifestations of today’s larger top-of-mind issues—health, environmental sustainability, trust and integrity.
Better together: pairing topical and ingestible products
Supplements and beauty companies are starting to partner on in-store promotions and marketing efforts to connect topical and ingestible products. One recent example is NeoCell and MyChelle, who worked together to position their vitality-focused products together in the aisles of Sprouts.
Of course, we still see the opportunity for the inside-out and outside-in approach to beauty. And the increasing awareness about the role of the microbiome and healthy bacteria in skin health, could be a strong gateway. Companies that formulate with ingredients that are effective both topically and when ingested also have some big opportunities: think resveratrol, collagen, CoQ10 and more.