What is in this article?:
Unabated stress, less-than-ideal nutrition, sleep deficits, and too little exercise deplete our bodies, and can lead to dwindling energy stores that sap your immune system, drain your libido, and interfere with concentration.
Herbs and supplements can restock energy stores by helping maintain the balance between the bodys energy-producing and energy-consuming mechanisms. Check out Delicious Living';s top picks.
- Rhodiola Also known as golden root, rhodiola has been shown in studies to improve cognitive functionparticularly under stressand elevate mood by facilitating production of serotonin. More.
- Ribose A naturally occurring sugar, ribose forms the backbone of the energy molecule (called ATP), which fuels every body function. When more ribose is present, muscle cells are able to create more energy. More.
- Chlorella Chlorella, a type of green, freshwater algae, is packed with protein, B vitamins, antioxidants (including vitamin C and carotenoids), and chlorophyll. More.
- B vitamins These essential vitamins help in the formation of red blood cells and in the maintenance of the central nervous system to support energy production.
- Magnesium An essential mineral that helps support healthy nerve and enzyme function and is necessary for over 300 different biochemical processes, such as digestion and energy production. More.