What is in this article?:
- Tandoori-Style Lamb Chops
- 3 tips for authentic Indian cuisine
Don't have a tandoor brick oven in your kitchen? This marinated lamb is grilled or broiled on high heat to mimic the traditional taste.
3 tips for authentic Indian cuisine
- Buy whole spices and grind small amounts with a spice grinder as needed. Whole spices retain their fragrant oils longer. Once ground, they immediately start to lose intensity.
- Dry-toast whole or ground spices for 30 seconds before using. This step can significantly increase a dish's flavors.
- Add a touch of sugar to balance the spices. Without it, too much of the strong, pungent flavors may take over.