Browse the list of our favorite supplement products to optimize your health.
Unless you have a degree in medicine, or perhaps chemistry, trying to choose a dietary supplement by scrutinizing the bottle’s Facts Panel can feel like deciphering hieroglyphics. To simplify your search, our editors and medical experts studied the science behind the ingredients of the best-quality formulas out there and chose these favorites: the most innovative and effective supplements on the market today.
Best antiaging supplement: Reserveage Organics Resveratrol 250 mg
A super-potent weapon in your antiaging arsenal, this supplement combines cell-protective antioxidants from USDA Organic red-wine grapes, seeds, vine, and root extract. Also with anti-inflammatory quercetin.
- Jarrow Formulas trans-Pterostilbene. A resveratrol derivative in blueberries, grapes, and some tree barks, pterostilbene may have effects similar to resveratol’s—and may be more metabolically stable.
- MyCeuticals myRejuvi-La. Portable pouches offer whole-food nutrients such as resveratrol, curcumin, and green tea.
Best blood sugar balance supplement: Natural Factors WellBetX PGX Plus Mulberry
Taking PGX’s proprietary soluble fiber blend with a meal may reduce glycemic impact of the meal and extend satiety; mulberry extract helps balance blood sugar.
- Enzymedica Reduce. Taken with a carbohydrate meal, a proprietary enzyme reduces absorbable sugar in the gut. Also contains cinnamon, zinc, and chromium.
- New Chapter Cinnamon Force. Cinnamon can help steady blood sugar levels.
Best bone health supplement: Natural Vitality OsteoCalm
Better bone strength made easy: This bioavailable, orange-flavored liquid delivers the ideal 1:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium, plus key vitamins D3 and K2.
- Floradix Calcium-Magnesium Liquid. A well-absorbed, herb-based liquid offering a balanced calcium-magnesium dose, plus zinc and vitamin D.
- Natural Factors BioSil Healthy Bones Plus. This cutting-edge formula may help generate collagen, building bone strength plus flexibility.
Best brain health supplement: Bluebonnet Power Thought
Comprehensive nutrients to improve cognition: B vitamins, dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), L-glutamine, phosphatidylcholine (PC), phosphatidylserine (PS), and more.
- Jarrow Neuro Optimizer. Brain-specific antioxidants bolster neurotransmitter function and stress response.
- Source Naturals Ageless Mind. A comprehensive formula that includes curcumin, the anti-inflammatory active ingredient in the curry spice turmeric, which may support cognitive function and memory.
Best cleansing & detox supplement: Enzymatic Therapy Whole Body Cleanse
This popular 10-day program includes a cleansing formula, a fiber mix with glucomannan (konjac root), and probiotic Acidophilus Pearls, which work together to remove toxins and recharge digestive health.
- Flora Flor-Essence Herbal Tea Blend. Safe for everyday use, this traditional herbal tea concentrate detoxifies and aids digestion for better energy and immunity.
- Organic India Triphala. Ayurvedic, antioxidant-rich superfruits cleanse the colon and work as an overall body tonic.
Best cold & flu supplement: American Health Ester-C 1,000 mg with Citrus Bioflavonoids
Vitamin C can reduce cold symptoms, but you need to take a lot: 2,000–6,000 grams daily in divided doses. This nonacidic form may be better tolerated and absorbed. It’s also available in new 1000-mg effervescent packets.
- Boiron Oscillococcinum. Taken at the first sign of illness, this homeopathic remedy may help with flu symptoms
- Quantum Health Zinc Elderberry Lozenges. Keep these on hand: Zinc and elderberry may help ease and shorten cold and flu symptoms.
Best digestion supplement: Enzymedica Digest Gold + Probiotics
Here’s a complete digestive solution in one capsule: 13 digestive enzymes combined with 500 million CFUs of specially coated probiotics.
- Flora Swedish Bitters. A wise tradition overdue for a comeback! Taking a teaspoon before meals primes the whole digestive system.
- ReNew Life FloraMore. Prebiotics, native probiotic strains, and liver-supportive antioxidant glutamine help heal the whole digestive tract.
Best energy supplement: Solgar D-Ribose Powder
Studies show this simple sugar heightens cellular energy.
- Natural Vitality Energy28. This organic fruit and vegetable liquid offers a healthy boost with D-ribose, maca, rhodiola, and omega fats from chlorella.
- Wakunaga Kyo-Green Energy. Energizing chlorella plus prebiotics in this new drink mix improve digestion and overall wellness.
Best eye health supplement: LifeSeasons Visibili-T Eye Health Complex
This new supplement supports macular health and protects from UV light with lutein, zeaxanthin, and bilberry.
- Jarrow Formulas Vision Optimizer. A blend of vision-supportive antioxidants and herbs.
- Twinlab OcuGuard Plus. Offers all the eye-specific carotenoids, zinc, and more.
Best fiber/laxative supplements: ReNew Life CleanseMore
This gently detoxifying, laxative formula contains magnesium and herbs (aloe, rhubarb, slippery elm, marshmallow), and no fillers or harsh ingredients.
- Garden of Life Raw Fiber. Provides prebiotics, probiotics, and fiber from organic sprouted seeds, grains, and legumes.
- SunSweet Naturals SupraFiber. Prunes go 21st century in this psyllium-free, soluble- and insoluble-fiber fruit powder made from prune, blueberry, pomegranate, and acaí.
Best green foods supplement: Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Raw Reserve
With more than 25 billion probiotic CFUs per serving, this tasty organic green foods powder also includes antioxidant acaí and maca.
- Sun Chlorella Tablets. Superfood chlorella is a superior detoxifier.
- MegaFood DailyFoods Organic Greens. Nutrient-dense raw hemp protein powder, chlorella, and spirulina cleanse and alkalize the body. It also contains probiotics, fiber, liver-supportive foods, and stress-relieving herbs.
Best heart health supplement: Wakunaga Kyolic CoQ10 Formula 110
Two heart-health champions together: a proprietary, odorless, aged garlic extract and coenzymeQ10, which increases energy in heart tissue.
- Now Foods Cholesterol Pro. For healthy blood-lipid levels, this new product offers patented citrus bioflavonoids and plant sterols.
- Reserveage Organics CocoaWell Advanced CoQ10 Heart. Heart-healthy cocoa and antioxidant plant flavanols and catechins team up with high-potency coQ10.
Best herbal supplement: Gaia Herbs Adrenal Health
This popular herbal blend bolsters adrenal gland function to combat chronic stress. Gaia products are vegan, tested for purity and potency, and traceable through the online Meet Your Herbs program.
- HerbPharm Immune Defense Tonic. From a longtime industry leader in social and eco-responsibility, this standardized liquid extract includes astragalus, echinacea, and reishi.
- Organix-South TheraVeda Immune Support. Supercritically extracted Ayurvedic herbs—holy basil, turmeric, ashwagandha—shore up defenses.
Best homeopathic supplement: Heel Traumeel
This topical pain remedy combines 14 active ingredients that work with the body’s own resources to relieve bruising and muscle and joint pain.
- Hyland’s Defend Cold & Cough. Safe even for children, these nondrowsy remedies offer relief from sinus symptoms and the common cold.
- Växa Buffer pH. A popular remedy that may help balance body pH, replace leached minerals, and reduce acid-related inflammation.
Best immunity supplement: Now Foods EpiCor Plus Immunity
EpiCor, a proprietary baker’s yeast derivative that helps regulate immune response, joins vitamins C and D, zinc, and olive leaf extract.
- New Chapter LifeShield Immunity. Tonic mushrooms (reishi, shiitake, cordyceps, lion’s mane, and more) may strengthen immunity and overall wellness.
- Xlear Sinus Nasal Spray. Not ready for a neti pot? With xylitol and grapefruit-seed extract, this spray promotes healthy mucous membranes—and may ward off bacteria and other bugs.
Best joint health supplement: Europharma Terry Naturally Healthy Knees and Joints
This new formula maintains healthy cartilage and joint mobility with anti-inflammatory ingredients: a proprietary, bioavailable curcumin complex (derived from turmeric), along with boswellia, fructoborate, and vitamin D.
- Enzymatic Therapy Cherry Fruit Extract. Research shows that anti-inflammatory tart cherry juice may promote pain relief and healthy joint function as well as heart health.
- Garden of Life Wobenzym N. This well-loved product offers enzymes that can help reduce inflammation in joints and throughout the body.
Best kids’ health supplement: Carlson For Kids Cod Liver Oil
This classic, lemon-flavored liquid supports brain and eye development with a high DHA dose, along with EPA and vitamins A and D3.
- Homeolab Kids Allergy Relief. This safe, effective, banana-flavored homeopathic formula is a worry-free solution for kids’ seasonal allergies.
- Udo's Choice Children's Blend Probiotic. Help boost your child’s immunity and gut health and relieve constipation with these child-specific bacterial strains
Best Kids’ multivitamin: Hero Nutritionals Sugar Free Yummi Bears Multi-Vitamin & Mineral
Look, Mom, no sugar! The first children’s gummy sweetened with the prebiotic inulin and luo han guo fruit, it provides 16 key nutrients in age-appropriate doses.
- Bluebonnet Nutrition Super Earth Rainforest Animalz Whole Food Based Multiple. A children’s chewable with a great ingredient list, it contains only 2 grams natural sugars per dose.
- Natural Vitality Kids Calm Multi. This comprehensive whole-food liquid multi simplifies family life: organic fruits and vegetables, calming magnesium, vitamin D3, and even omega-3s.
Best men’s health supplement: Now Foods Clinical Strength Prostate Health
Sustains prostate function with saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, and lycopene. Other helpful ingredients: zinc, selenium, quercetin, and vitamin D.
- Irwin Naturals Prosta Strong. Easy-to-swallow softgels with 2 grams of anti-inflammatory fish oil, plus prostrate-supportive saw palmetto, pumpkin-seed extract, nettle, pygeum, and more.
- NOW Foods Red Yeast Rice with CoQ10. Coenzyme Q10 helps elevate cellular energy; red yeast rice may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Best men’s multivitamin: Source Naturals Life Force Multiple
This complete multi supports cellular energy, as well as the brain, immunity, and vision, with high-dose B vitamins, coQ10, adaptogenic herbs, and antioxidants.
- American Health More Than A Multiple Multivitamin For Men. This eight-hour timed-release formula includes omega-3 lipids and a range of preventive nutrients.
- MegaFood Men Over 40 One Daily. The comprehensive formula delivers organic, whole-food nutrients and herbs to enhance prostate health, digestion, and more.
Best metabolism/weight loss supplement: Country Life 7-Keto Trim
Growing research shows the DHEA metabolite 7-keto can boost metabolism—without DHEA’s potential side effects, because 7-keto can’t metabolize into sex hormones.
- Natural Factors PGX Daily Ultra Matrix. This proprietary soluble fiber blend may reduce glycemic levels when eaten with meals, plus improve satiety.
- Tera’s Whey Organic Plain Whey Protein. Whey smoothies may support modest weight loss. This whey is organic, rGBH free, and comes in superfruit flavors as well as goat and sheep’s milk options for those with lactose intolerance.
Best new supplement product: i-Health Ovega-3
The first vegan omega-3 supplement with not only DHA but also EPA, Ovega-3 is sourced from tank-grown algae, so there’s no worry about sustainability or contaminants.
- American Health Ester-C with Probiotics Digestion & Immune Health Complex. A nonacidic, bioavailable form of vitamin C and potent probiotics help fend off common colds.
- Reserveage Organics Keratin Booster. This is the first beauty-from-within product with “solubilized” keratin, a protein that repairs damaged hair, nails, and skin. Biotin and resveratrol also augment cellular health.
Best omega-3 supplement: Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Xtra
Two convenient softgels offer a purified, concentrated 1,400-mg dose of EPA and DHA, plus 1,000 IU vitamin D3 to reinforce bone and immune health.
- CalaOmega EcoSmart Omega-3. Made from highly sustainable squid, this new, eco-friendly “fish” oil comes in 500-mg soft gels or lemon-flavored liquid (1,320 mg per teaspoon).
- New Chapter Wholemega. Sourced from wild Alaskan salmon, this less-processed whole-fish oil offers the full range of omega fatty acids plus antioxidant astaxanthin.
Best prenatal multivitamin: New Chapter Perfect Prenatal
Whole-food, probiotic nutrients and herbs support digestion and healthy pregnancy. A cruciferous-vegetables blend supports breast health.
- i-Health BrainStrong Prenatal. This new multi with algae-derived DHA supports the fetus’s brain development.
- Vitalah Prenatal Oxylent. Dissolved in water, this stevia-sweetened powder is a hydrating way to absorb needed nutrients when morning sickness makes swallowing pills tough.
Best probiotic supplement: Garden of Life Raw Probiotics
These high-potency, multistrain formulas target health concerns by age and gender. The men’s formula, for instance, supports immunity during workouts.
- Bio-K+ Probiotics: Original, Fermented Soy, Organic Rice. With no added sugar and 50 billion CFUs, the traditional cultured dairy formula is like kefir on steroids. New Fermented Soy and Rice formulas are great for those with food sensitivities.
- Nutrition Now PB 8. A classic combo of eight strains and 14 billion CFUs of prebiotics.
Best sleep supplement: Source Naturals NightRest with Melatonin
This effective formula offers the research-backed sleep hormone melatonin plus neurotransmitter regulator GABA and calming herbs.
- MegaFood Tension Release. Medicinal mushrooms meet ashwagandha and cooling herbs.
- Natural Factors Dr. Murray’s Stress-Relax Tranquil Sleep. With L-theanine, 5-HTP, and melatonin, these chewable tablets can help you fall asleep more quickly and sleep more soundly.
Best sports nutrition supplement: Sequel Naturals Vega Sport Performance System
Formulated by a triathlete using impressively clean, cutting-edge, and vegan ingredients, this line of products can help you prepare for, stay strong during, and recover from workouts.
- Jarrow Formulas Organic Whey Protein. Free from added hormones, artificial sweeteners, and additives, this whey is a pure source of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which promote muscle repair and help build lean muscle after workouts.
- Solgar Quercetin Complex with Ester-C Plus. This allergy-fighting antioxidant bioflavonoid also may boost energy and increase stamina.
Best stress supplement: Natural Vitality Natural Calm
Mixed with water and taken morning and evening, this highly absorbable powder restores levels of often-deficient magnesium, relaxing the body and promoting regularity and sleep.
- Gaia Herbs Serenity. This soothing blend of herbs like kava and scullcap helps quiet the mind.
- Himalaya StressCare. A combination of effective Ayurvedic and traditional herbs supports adrenals and improves energy.
Best value supplement: Nature’s Way Alive! Once Daily Multi-Vitamin
This traditional favorite offers great nutrient density for the price: high amounts of B vitamins, digestive enzymes, and green foods.
- Carlson Super Daily D3 1,000 IU. With hundreds of doses in a tiny bottle, this superconcentrated, odorless, tasteless liquid is an easy way to customize vitamin D amounts for family members or seasonal needs.
- Solgar Ubiquinol. The reduced form of coenzyme Q10, ubiquinol is more bioavailable (especially in these oil-based softgels) than the standard form, ubiquinone—a great heart-health value.
Best vegan supplement: Sequel Naturals Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer
A meticulous blend of plant-based, omega-rich protein sources (hemp, yellow pea, brown rice, flax, and chlorella), dairy-free probiotics, digestive enzymes, berry antioxidants, maca, and 100 percent RDIs of vitamins and minerals. Works as a meal replacement or a supplement.
- Genesis Today GenEssentials Superfruit Oil 3-6-7-9 Blend. A new, fish-free EFA supplement made from the cold-pressed oils of organic sacha inchi, sea buckthorn, acaí, goji, hempseed, flaxseed, pumpkin seed, and coconut.
- Lifetime Life’s Basics Plant Protein. Made with pea, rice, hemp, and chia powders, it actually tastes great.
Best women’s health: Enzymatic Therapy EstroBalance
Derived from cruciferous vegetables, diindolylmethane (DIM) improves estrogen metabolism.
- Femmenessence MacaHarmony. The adaptogenic herb maca may help balance hormones and improve energy.
- Natural Factors MenoSense. Black cohosh, vitex, and hops ease menopausal symptoms.
Best women’s multivitamin: MegaFood Women Over 40 One Daily
Like all MegaFood products, this whole-food and herb formula is tested free of pesticides, gluten, and soy. Beyond basics, it offers antioxidants, digestive enzymes, and immune-boosting herbs.
- New Chapter Every Woman’s Daily. Probiotic whole-food vitamins, minerals, and herbs in optimal doses.
- Now Foods Eve Woman’s Multiple. These easy-to-swallow softgels contain extras like dong quai, eleuthero, wild yam extract, and soy isoflavones.