| Pineapple-Orange Chutney |
Makes about 2 cups (8 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup peeled, cored and diced fresh pineapple
1 cup diced orange segments
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
1 bay leaf
4 black peppercorns
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Reduce the vinegars over high heat in a large nonreactive saucepan until they are syrupy and measure about 1/4 cup.
2. Lower the heat to medium and stir in the diced pineapple and orange. Add the honey, wine and bell peppers.
3. Tie the bay leaf and peppercorns in cheesecloth and add to the pan, cooking the mixture until reduced by half. Remove the cheesecloth; strain mixture into a separate pan. Reserve the fruit.
4. Reduce the strained liquid in the pan until syrupy. Add the reserved fruit and cook over medium heat for 15 more minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Let the mixture cool and only then stir in the mint. Chill and serve.
Calories 51,Fat 0,Perfat 2,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 14,Protein 0,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A