1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
4 ounces fresh arugula
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
6-8 ounces baby spinach and arugula
Toasted pine nuts, for garnish Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until soft, 40 minutes. Meanwhile, add arugula to another pot of boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain; run under cold water. Pat dry and chop fine.
- Cool cooked potatoes for 5 minutes, then peel and mash smooth. Combine with chopped arugula, flour, salt, and egg to make a dough ball. Divide into 5 pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured surface into a log about ¾-inch thick. Cut each log into 1-inch pieces. (If freezing, place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic; when frozen, transfer to zip-top bags.)
- Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook until they float. Drain.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add cooked gnocchi; season with kosher salt and dash of pepper. When browned, turn and cook other side for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and vinegar; cook 2 minutes. Add water; cook 3 minutes. Toss in parsley and taste for salt and pepper.
- On plates, top spinach and arugula with gnocchi and sauce; garnish with nuts and cheese.
PER SERVING: 260 cal, 36% fat cal, 11g fat, 2g sat fat, 35mg chol, 6g protein, 36g carb, 3g fiber, 326mg sodium