- Do take remedies 30 minutes before or after eating because food may interfere with absorption.
- Do consult with a qualified homeopath if you don't respond to a remedy after two or three doses. Ask about his or her experience, training, and certification.
- Don't expose remedies to direct sunlight, magnets, or strong odors like camphor, paint, and chemicals.
- Don't treat every little ache and pain, says homeopath Nancy Gahles, DC, CCH. "Trust the body's ability to heal itself."
Possible Remedies for common conditions
- Colds > Aconite, Pulsatilla
- Headache > Belladonna, Bryonia
- Muscle aches > Arnica montana, Magnesium phosphoricum
- Nausea > Cocculus indicus, Nux vomica
- Seasonal allergies > Allium cepa, Wyethia
Note: Many homeopathic kits include doses. When in doubt, consult an experienced homeopath or qualified health care practitioner.