Cauliflower Buffalo BitesJessie | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
This vegan version of buffalo wings wins everyone over - meat-eaters and non! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or try them with our Celery Leaf Walnut Pesto.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Link a baking sheet with parchment paper. (NOTE: Do not use a silpat liner or just a greased baking sheet. The parchment is necessary to keep the batter on the florets).
- Cut cauliflower into florets. In a large bowl, combine milk, water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. (NOTE: If you're using rice flour, you may need to add a little more liquid to get the batter to the right consistency. The batter should be thick enough to stick to the florets but still thin enough to drip.)
- Dip each floret into the mixture to coat evently. Remove excess batter by tapping the floret a couple of times again the side of the bowl.
- Lay coated florets on parchment lined baking sheet without overcrowding them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown, flipping the florets halfway through baking time.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the butter spread and hot sauce. Heat just until melted, stir and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and place in a large clean bowl. Pour hot sauce mixture over florets and toss gently until coated. Spread all the florets on the same parchment-lined baking sheet again. Return to oven and bake for another 25 minutes, flipping the florets halfway through baking time.