1. Make a parfait. Top your favorite yogurt with fresh fruit, then a layer of granola with ground flax or toasted hempseed.
2. Toss with fruit. Sprinkle over berries, sliced peaches, or any fresh fruit.
3. Add to drinks. Carry a scoop in a zip-top plastic bag to stir into smoothies or iced coffees.
4. Mix with soy. Stir a tablespoon or two into soy lattes or plain soy milk.
5. Dress your sandwich. Sprinkle atop spicy mustard, chutney, cheese spread, or peanut butter.
6. Jam it in. Stir into no-sugar jam or preserves (raspberry, boysenberry, or blueberry work best) or a natural nut butter; spread on whole-grain toast or crackers.
7. Bake with it. In muffin batters and bread dough calling for at least 2 cups flour, replace 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the flour with ground flax or hempseed.
8. Stir the pot. Add to soups, stews, and casseroles; darker-colored dishes hide flax and hemp the best.
9. Make it meaty. Mix into ground meat instead of breadcrumbs when making meatloaf, meatballs, or filling for pasta or tortillas.