Here are my 5 takeaway points from Serve to Win:
1. The Good Food Guide in the appendix is an excellent list of nutritious foods to make a part of your regular diet, whether or not you choose to eat gluten-free.
2. The recipes are nutritious and easy to make. I recommend including them in your cooking repertoire.
3. Use the daily meal plans as a guide, noting that, unless you are training eight hours a day like Djokovic, you’ll have to eat far less calories.
4. Invest in a holistic approach to healthful living that includes regular physical activity, adequate sleep, mindfulness, and stress management techniques.
5. Know that while people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity and even some with other autoimmune disorders benefit from a gluten free diet, there is no evidence to show that the general population will either be healthier or lose weight simply by removing gluten from the diet.